Re: A Hero Band of Humakti, seeking healing

From: Agent Groove <coridan_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:12:06 -0500

> Hi!
>
> I'm thinking of starting up a new heroband, collecting some of my pals who
have nothing left now
> those lunars have killed our relations and friends. We figured we might
need some help with
> healing and such stuff and we have found a decent chap, worshipping some
Heler herocult, who
> have some healing magic.
>
> Do our affinity with death, being fighting guys and all, have any bad
influence on our mans way
> of talking to his god? We figured death and healing magic don't really
work so nice together, if
> you catch my drift. So, what do all you wise godtalkers say?
>
> /andreas

<Speaking IC as Handrasyr Shieldarm, the one handed Humakti champion of the Voron Clan>

"First of all, boy, that's not true. You have only to look at the stories and truths of how Arroin, the son of the blessed White Lady, became the Soldier who Struck No Blows. He enlisted into Humakt's Legion to fight the Great Evil of the world, Chaos, but told Humakt that he would never lift a hand to harm anyone or anything. Humakt respected the honor and Truth of broken Arroin's convictions, and even after the Chaos Gods broke Arroin's power the Empty Son marched with the Raven Legion. Using naught but his hands, tools and wits, he was essential for keeping Humakt's soldiers whole and ready to fight. In this, the Sword learnt wisdom - that Death must always needs Life, and vice versa. Only the living can kill, and only those who can die can truly live."

"Now, as for worshippers of the Ram, I've always been glad to have Helerings at my side. Not only is their magic of great strategic and tactical value, but The Ram comes to us in many guises - The Golden Ram, who's golden waters heal all hurts, and Helemakt the Fighting Storm, whom is one of the Thunder Brothers and sons of Orlanth. Heler is just as mighty a wargod as any of the Storm Tribe, who stood as an equal to Orlanth before his tribe joined with ours. Don't forget that!"

"I'm sure that if you make the appropriate offerings to Helemakt, the Blue Ram, and to the Blue God's other fighting aspects, then he shouldn't have a problem showing you with his healing powers, so long as you show that you respect him for his battle prowess as well as his healing gifts. I'm no Helering priest, but I've been told that Heler is duality, life and death, peace and war. Those in his cult are both men and women as their god demands. I don't think it will be a problem, so long as your warband Wyter approves."

--
"A leader gets power from followers.
"Violence is always an option."

Proverbs of Orlanth, King of the Storm Gods
Chris Bell
coridan_at_...
argrath_at_...