Re: A Hero Band of Humakti, seeking healing

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 07:08:13 -0800 (PST)

> Do our affinity with death, being fighting guys and
> all, have any bad influence on our mans way
> of talking to his god? We figured death and healing
> magic don't really work so nice together, if
> you catch my drift. So, what do all you wise
> godtalkers say?
>
> /andreas

Humakt is opposed to resurrection, but not to lesser healing.
If worshipping of Humakt in any way hinders healing powers being used on the worshippers, then the rate of extinction of humkati would be much faster than I expect.
Doctors (and nurses) and soldiers usually get along fairly well...
:-)

Alternatively, it could be a choice: your humakti could choose as an act of piety (geas) not to accept healing powers from anybody (but perhaps that chap of Heler is an exception) and obtain a gift from Humakt as a reward. See Storm Tribe page 98/99: Hu's and Inginew's gifts require the refusing of healing magic (under different tenets).
You could develop in your campaign a similar geas/gift combination so that maybe your gentle helerite is not unemployed.

Ciao,
Gian

Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com