Re: A Hero Band of Humakti, seeking healing

From: andyhoward39 <ahoward39_at_...> <ahoward39_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:51:17 -0000

Dunno about wise godtalkers, but I reckon...

Humakt doesn't seem to be keen on healing, and your heroes had best be careful about picking their gifts if they want the Helering to be able to help them.

However, inconvenient geases aside, I would think Humakt warbands might well recruit healers, in order to keep them going long enough to fulfil their oaths, complete their missions, etc. Humakt probably wouldn't frown on the practice, although he might nullify some healings, or impose other sanctions, if he judged the Humakti to have behaved in a cowardly fashion.

Whilst other Heortlings would think it reasonable to step back from the front line to receive some quick first aid, Humakt might expect his worshippers to stay there regardless of injury until the fight was over. So fighting under Healing Rain would be OK, but nipping off to sip a healing potion, while the enemy still held the field, would be frowned upon.

As a narrator I wouldn't mind so long as the Humakti player played his character as brave, honourable, and unafraid of death. However, if he was always crying for aid, and hoarding ointments and unguents "just to be on the safe side", I'd feel justified in imposing nasty penalties.

Andy