Re: Re: A Hero Band of Humakti, seeking healing

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:04:50 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2002-12-30-0105.

reinierd_at_... wrote:
> Yeah. IMHO these geases are nutty. If you fight, you *will* get hurt,
> no matter how good you are (even heroes, since they face other
> heroes). That being the case, warriors who refuse healing are - other
> things equal- inferior to those who accept healing.

If you are not relying upon the healing to fix you up after a fight you will try to avoid to get hurt in the first place. That means you either hone your skill to such a level that you avoid getting hurt [getting killed mind you will still happen] or you avoid fights where you could get hurt in. It would make the warrior seem extreme and he would only choose his fights very carefully. Once he was fighting however he would give his all, he would either end up un-scathed and triumphant or he would be dead.

> Humakti warriors are therefore likely to have a shorter lifespan than
> other warriors, and also to be a less effective fighting force over
> the course of a military campaign. And of course shorter lifespan =>
> less skill. These are pretty big handicaps for a war god.

I would guess that the warriors that choose to refuse healing would only do so at a certain part of their career, possibly when they become devoted to Humakt. They would have a higher degree of skill and would also incorporate their honour into their style of fighting. I would avoid a warrior who leaves every battle not needing any form of healing due to his high skill and his total concentration on fighting. And rember there are only a few of them ;-)

Just my humble 0.02p

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS.

darransims_at_...
darren.sims_at_...

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"