Re: Re: A Hero Band of Humakti, seeking healing

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:04:06 +0000 (GMT)

> Yeah. IMHO these geases are nutty. If you fight, you
> *will* get hurt,
> no matter how good you are (even heroes, since they
> face other
> heroes). That being the case, warriors who refuse
> healing are - other
> things equal- inferior to those who accept healing.

And of course refusing to use poison or to ambush people also makes Humakti less effective as warriors, right? No. It makes them more like Humakt, and therefore more able to use his special affinity with death. Hence the Gift that goes with the Geas.

In Gloranthan terms, it makes sense. I'm just not quite convinced by the rules-based implementation. But that is, perhaps, a discussion for another list.

Why Humakt is against magical healing, though, in the mythic sense: tricky. As the original poster suggested, perhaps: mixing Life and Death can be a bad idea? Though I have vague memories of Humakt healing himself between fights in some myth or other?

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com