Common Magic & HeroQuest Was: A Hero Band of Humakti, seeking healing

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...> <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:33:01 -0000

As others will comment, there has to be some reason to be a Hero. However, Common Magic is a part of HeroQuest. Its most eqivalent to the old 'Battle Magic' of RuneQuest

> If it is, I can only sigh and wonder when Issaries is going to
bother
> about continuity...

I don't know about that. I suspect that Common Magic is not going to be used too much by player-character hero types. Its more like folk-magic and the wierd and wonderful magic practiced by _YOUR_ clan/association/warband/thingy.

>From my own experience, it did not going to make much of an impact on
my game.

> Why should I buy a new set of rules *again*?
>
> /andreas *grumpy*

That's entirely up to you. No need to buy it, if you don't feel a wish to do so. That being said, its been about 3 years since the publication of the first set of rules. I think its time for a game which incorporates many of the changes and improvments advocated by people on this list and others.

And, considering the known flaws of HeroWars. HeroQuest is, from what I have seen, far more approachable and 'ramp-able' than HeroWars was - which I think is part of the point.

Hope this helps!

Jeff