Re: Re: Blackhorse numbers - clarification

From: e-g_at_...
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:21:01 GMT

"Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz.oliver_at_...>" <bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca> writes:

>You can easily hypothesize that the demon
>steeds only need to eat once a year. Of course that once a year
>feeding has to be a live sentient being.
[snip]
>Of course feeding several thousands?/hundreds of these critters still
>takes a lot of captives/slaves. Good thing Sir Ethilrist charges a
>lot for his services so he can afford to buy lots of slaves.

Um. If we take the higher figure of 3,500 demon steeds, that's 3,500 sentient sacrifices per year. In other words, depopulating 35 villages. In 50 years, Sir Ethilrist would have had to feed the entire population of Sartar to his horses. Somehow, I think the sums don't add up...

Stephen
(would trollkin sacrifices count?)