Re: Re: Blackhorse numbers

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:03:05 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2003-01-03-1305.

Graham Robinson wrote:
> >IMO stirrups seem like an invention to control or dominate horses
>
> Stirrups give the rider a stable seat, nothing else. They play no role in
> controlling the horse, and indeed can help the rider to not impede the
> horse's movements (especially at trot or moving on steep slopes).
>
> Bridles, crops and spurs are designed to control and dominate the animal -
> although a good rider rarely *needs* any of them.

Thanks for pointing that out to me Graham I stand corrected, I am not up on equestrian matters having only ridden a horse twice in my life. I do remember something about the 'bit' in the horses' mouths and how that is a taming factor as well but I could be mistaken about that as well. I still stand by what i said about the animal nomads though.

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS.

darransims_at_ntlworld.com
darren.sims_at_...

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"