Re: Re: Blackhorse numbers - clarification

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 18:16:03 -0800

Friends,

>From whence this assumption of 3500 Black Horse troopers?
If it is based on WB&RM (or DP) unit counters then it's wrong. These counters are not 500 riders each, but each unit is the equivalent of 500 men. I'd say there are probably no more than 100 each. As far as diet, yea, they eat people. Not our good Atroxic people, but slaves, captives, invaders and anyone else what we want to eat from far afield.
And they eat cows, deer, demons, things from the Otherworlds as well. Oh yea, and their own riders if they are desperate.

Don't think these are big horses with riders. They are demons that defy known rules of logic and fantasy both!

And let us just thank Atrox for the bounty that the farmers get.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc.
P.O. Box 272914 Concord, CA 94527 (510) 524-7619 Publisher of HeroQuest, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>