Re: Blackhorse Numners

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz.oliver_at_...> <bernuetz.oliver_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 21:37:36 -0000

Morgan said :

> Finally, whatever the spiritual subtleties and technicalities, I
> don't see the Heorlings, or any other human society, putting up
with
> BHT eating hundreds or thousands of their brethern a year.

I don't think low level demons like the Black Horse mounts can permanently destroy souls, they're just not tough enough. That's partially why I suggested that they just chew on them for a while before releasing them.

If they're mostly doing this to captives and slaves I would think the Heortlings would be less annoyed. Sir Ethilrist is not associated with chaos and doesn't seem to have any intentions towards taking any more land than he already has.

I suspect a combination of willfull ignorance ("Oh, those terribly powerful Black Horse County types are doing bad things to slaves and defeated captives, eh? Good things it's not us".), lack of unified will (have the Heortlings ever been unified?) and fear of what Sir Ethilrist would do to anyone who attacked him. I suspect he was attacked early on, his attacked got their arses kicked and he's been left mostly alone since then.

There's always worse things to worry about. If he's so bad how come Delecti hasn't been ganged up on and wiped out? I just don't think the Heortlings can normally do those sorts of things as a nation. It takes special circumstances to unify them like that.

Oliver