Re: Question on Devotees (was Question on Affinities in hw-rules)

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...> <charles_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:44:27 -0000

> I imagine that most Heortling
> peoples are initiates. Say 90%.

> On the average? Say, 0.1% are
> disciples. 0.00% heroes.

That many disciples? That approximates to 2 for every 3 clans or close to 200 in Sartar. I was expecting about half that or even less. On the other hand, my estimate of the distribution could be explained by having half of the disciples hidden away in short-worlds at the major temples such as Old Storm etc.

Assuming that about 1% of Heortlings have spirits(*) rather than souls and another 1% have essences or otherwise have no recognised religion, then this leaves about 8% of the population being devotees.

regards,
Charles