Re: Waha writeup for HW

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:48:07 +1300

Flynn:

>Has anyone done up a HW version of the Waha tradition? Would be
>interested in reading it :-)

There are draft magical keywords for Waha characters up at: http://www.glorantha.com/hw/keywords_praxians.html

and a short cult writeup of Storm Bull up at: http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultshort_stormbull.html

The draft keywords are incomplete and both pages have problems (Waha Shamans do not Channel Ancestors - only Daka Fals do that - while the descriptions of the special spirits and allies for Storm Bull are far too lengthy and detailed compared to theistic feats).

If I were to do a Waha writeup, I would borrow a page from Orlanth's treatment in Thunder Rebels and expand his cult similarly to make it more attractive to Praxian heroes. Fortunately there's ample precedent in old literature (such as Gods of Glorantha's Wisdom from the Tribal Shaman) about Waha's many deeds.

--Peter Metcalfe