A Good End in Badside - Part XLI

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz.oliver_at_...> <bernuetz.oliver_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:58:14 -0000

Pavis is a funny place. Things happen here that you couldn't see happening other places. Well, except Glamour that is. For example you can see a room holding trolls, elves and dwarves at the same time without the place needing redecorating afterward. It's got a unique vibe I must say, surprisingly enough something like the one Glamour has. No not on the surface of course. The only part of this bloody place that would stand out in Glamour is the Big Rubble. Those walls would stand out anywhere except that hell on Glorantha, Alkoth. Goddess keep me away from that nuthouse and its inhabitants.

Like I was saying it's got a unique vibe and allows for strange things to happen. What I was doing is a perfect example. Nowhere else on Glorantha could I see myself going off to talk with a troll. Why was I going off to talk with a troll? Why to arrange storage for my buddy Petro. And why would these nice, ha, ha trolls do this for me? For that I have to tell you a little story.

Once upon a time there was this party of adventurers who had after much hard work and sacrifice on their part had journeyed into some nasty underworld and retrieved this spear which had been dipped into the blood of divine Yemalio himself. This gave you a permanently burning spear which had all sorts of other abilities. Well this bunch had no sooner surfaced when a whole war party of Zorak Zorani Death Lords and assorted hangeron's had jumped them. This story taking place in Pavis instead of killing them outright the trolls just shook 'em down for the spear. And paid them for it. (Well, it was an offer they quite literally couldn't refuse, not and keep on living anyway. But they still got paid for it).

So not being complete idiots they accepted the troll's money and let the spear go. Much to the disgust of the bright boys but that's another story. Of course they got paid in bolgs and ended up with a house full of the damn things. What do you expect from trolls? What does this story have to do with me? Well seems these adventurers needed the services of an informer who forget to check the colour of their money when he accepted the exorbitant fee they offered. What the hell am I going to do with a house of the bloody things but hire trolls? I'm tired of paying trollkin to guard my stash anyway. I swear the little bastards are eating the damn things themselves.

So that's why I'm going to pay the local Zorak Zoran temple to stash Petro for me. Can you think of a safer place to put someone in Pavis? Well as long as the trolls don't eat him themselves that is.

To be continued.

Oliver
http://www.geocities.com/bernuetz/stories/goodend.html