Re: Conversion Poll -- my 2 pennies

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:26:59 +0100

> Since I didn't see my faves up there, I thought I would give a mad
> shout out to ...
> "Valley of the Mists" for Bushido.

good one!
and I thought this little gem would be too obscure for inclusion... :)

> I liked the FGU scenarios for Bushido and Daredevils - they set up a
> situation but let the results play out however they wished.

actually IMHO scenarios of this kind work much better with the current Hero Wars rules than conversions of old RuneQuest-scenarios that do feature a given plotline [or worse, in case of Snakepipe Hollow]. it may depend on how much 'meta-gaming' you have/want in your game, but I can't see myself doing anything but semi-freewheeling [like John Hughes' excellent but demanding 'Everything Is Thunder' & J.H. & MOB'S 'Garhound Contest', though admittedly they are quite similar in themes].

--
take care,

 Stefan

21.01.2003