Re: Heortlings sleighs?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:39:59 -0800

Tim

> Or is it the presence of the Grazers? They can accept riders, but to
> make a horse pull a wagon or sleigh may offend them (more so than just
> the presence of non-grazers...)

The Grazers use wagons.

It's the Galanini of Ralios who get offended. (Though we're starting to get off the topic of playing Hero Wars in Glorantha...)

> Heortlings know of Chariots too, but don't appear to use them - again
> this might be because the terrain is unsuitable, or for the other
> reasons for not harnessing horses.

I think the Heortlings have outgrown chariots -- most militaries seemed to use them for a while and then drop them in favor of cavalry. (Not that the Heortlings are big on cavalry...) Chariots are still used in several rituals, but are considered archaic by most tribes.

I don't recall if the horse collar exists in Glorantha.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>