Re: Were does Greg get those names?

From: Frederic Ferro <Frederic.Ferro_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:16:39 +0200

Mark Mohrfield wrote:
>I was just looking at a list of the cities were the Hayao Miyazaki
>film Spirited Away is showing. One of them is named Yelm,
>Washingnton. I seem to recall seeing Kyger, Ohio on a map once, too.

Kyger is in southern Ohio (Gallia county). There is a "Kyger Creek".

According to http://www.geocities.com/parrietc/yelm/yelmmain.html "The peaceful town of Yelm officially began in 1858. Its name comes from the Nisqually's name for the shimmering HEAT WAVES seen above the prairie on hot days, "Shelm"."

I believe "Dara Happa" may be come from the Indus civilizations "Mohenjo Dara" and "Harappa". "Carmania" (Old Persian Karman�) was "the name of a region in ancient Iran, between the heartland of Persia and Gedrosia".

ff