Are Gloranthans Pragmatic?

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...> <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:16:33 -0000

I think Nick's reply to me about chariots was tongue in cheek, but, to elaborate on my intent...

My impression is that Gloranthans are pragmatic, especially in military matters. Orlanthi use bows, Yelmi use swords, where it makes sense. e.g. Martin thinks that Carmanians are very pragmatic - since Pelendan infantry are useful, they use them eagerly. Not at all the "haughty dumb knights" stereotyped by the French during parts of the Middle Ages. (I briefly argued the contrary)

If true, Gloranthans would abandon chariots for cavalry, unless they had very strong religious or mythical reasons not to.