Re: Are Gloranthans Pragmatic?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:07:18 +1300

Roderick Robertson writes:

> I think no more so and no less so than people in the real world. We
> know that there is at least one unit of chariots in the DH army, frex,
> which are dictated by magico-religious concerns.

The Derentic Chariots, which have field artillery mounted on them. I like to posit an appearance by them in Prax during the Hero Wars giving the Praxians a chance to fight the gloranthan equivalent of Rommel's Panzers.

> There are also (IMO) still some
> circular phalanxes dating from 'way back when (I *just* packed
> all my Glorantha stuff down to the new house, so I can't remember
> the Emperor. Khordovanus?).

The Sunstand Formation of Emperor Urvairinus. I think this is a formation that Lunar Phalanxes learn as part of their repetoire of formations.

 --Peter Metcalfe