Re: Re: Number of homelands in HeroQuest

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:17:50 -0800

At 09:43 AM 2/4/2003 +1300, you wrote:
>> Besides, there's a whole lot of Uz we don't know about! I keep
>> hearing about how weird the Blue Moon folks are, but I never
>> get details.
>
>Simply because places like those are "nobody goes there" places,
>rather than "hero homeland" places. Thematically they are more
>suited to heroic exploration rather than having heroes based
>there.

I want to emphasize this fine point that Peter brought up. A lot of places are not going to be Homelands because they are adventuresome places to go to, not be from.

>More to the point - the Blue Moon folks are known for keeping
>details about them secret. Most people know they are weird
>but that's all they know. The few people that know more will
>mention their association with bats.

And people who have purchased the Unfinished Works will know there are two types of winged trolls there, too. But these aren't things for Homelands, just adventures.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc.
P.O. Box 272914 Concord, CA 94527 (510) 524-7619 Publisher of HeroQuest, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>