Contributor Copies

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:49:30 EST

Hi All,

> > I need a higher income for all the great fan stuff comming out at
> the
> > moment.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Here's a hint - contributor's copies... =)

 Since 1996 I have not paid for one Gloranthan supplement, the reason being is I have contributed to everyone, if I didn't I would never be able to follow the hobby. I even set up my own magazine (with Mark) because I wasn't getting exactly what I wanted from the market, so rather than moan I did my own thing.

 We are always looking for contributions. If people send us the stuff then we are willing to review it, edit it (send it back to you with comments), look at it again, mutter at it in a darkened pub corner and generally smile and stick it into a product (along with CONTRIBUTED illustrations). Mark always says to me, 'I like my hobbies to pay for themselves' and I agree. We strive to produce a high quality product, but are always looking to make it better and stronger, in fact the thing we like most is for people to contact us with ideas, especially nicely thought out, completed projects (with illustrations) that we only have to do the muttering and smiling part at. However if you don't feel up to writing a whole scenario pack/campaign area then send us your article ideas, cults, herobands, NPC's and so on, they may all be worth finding a home, for and if we can't or don't use them then I am sure Tradetalk would be eager to give them a look as well. For example in UW2 Dave Shaw a none Gloranthan amatuer writer decided to give it a go, the piece got published, he got a copy for his folio and somthing to add to his CV.

The same applies to artists, if you have a talent send us a sample, we always need artists, perhaps your wife or cousin or son or grandmother has a talent, beleive me we would use them if they got the skill (after all Angus Mcbride is in his seventies).

Cheers Simon Bray

The Unspoken Word - The Magazine for Gloranthans and Heroes http://www.celtic-webs.com/theunspokenword/