RE: Re: Of Garhounds and Punning Myths

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:22:23 -0500

Jane wonders in response to Bo's musings

>I bet! Now explain why, in that case, Garhound wasn't
>over-run by nomads within a season or so of being
>founded. Did this little old man then greet them as
>friends, allies, and fellow dog-worshippers? And teach
>them how to train their garhounds? Taking the son and
>heir away with him to teach him Mystical Secrets?

Maybe the strangers weren't Praxians but other folk who included among their number a Balazaring shaman. I'd bet their relationship to Brother Dog is tighter than the Praxians would be. A Balazaring could teach them ways to interact with the guardian spirits and keep the Praxians away.

Oliver