RE: Re: Scenario idea

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:37:22 +0100

>I just thought: what if the attackers, in disrupting the
>ceremony, actually end up on the Gods plane themselves :)
>The Vingan could end up having to save them (she would be
>in a friendly area, whereas the attackers, in the current
>situation, would be in a (temporarily) hostile area...

That's a nice idea! However, I don't think they would be in unfamiliar territory. Initiation into Vinga, IMO, would involve doing what Vinga did to gain a place in Orlanth's household, so she's going to have to go to Orlanth's stead, and prove herself to him. According to the story that I remember, I'm not sure who wrote it, she's going to have to challenge some or all of Orlanth's companions and prove herself almost as good as them, and finally persuade Orlanth that her versatility means that she deserves a place, rather than being "the best" at any specific task. The interlopers would naturally fall into the role of Orlanth's companions (Humakt, Elmal, Urox, Barntar, etc). If they lose a contest, then they could jeopardise their identification with their deity, or even the clan's ability to worship that deity. Which clan? I'm not sure. Possibly both.

Phil.