Re: Griffins of Glorantha?

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz.oliver_at_...> <bernuetz.oliver_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 02:56:47 -0000

Hmm, just read it. It gives the attribute of "cunning" which does imply to me that they are just beasts.

> Sun County refers to a tribe (or family parhaps) of griffins that
> occasionally visits and worships at the Sun Dome...

Griffin Mountain states that they are intelligent too. A griffin is the friend of one of the Balazaring kings.

> So which is correct? It makes quite a difference afterall.
>
> The other traditional heraldic beasts, the unicorn and the wyvern,
are
> intelligent (though the wyverns are of course rather instinctive and
> fierce), so it would be rather natural that the griffins would be
smart
> too. Especially since they are creatures of the fire rune,
traditionally
> signifying intelligence.

Personally I'd make them intelligent. Maybe the Carmanian owl griffins are unintelligent?

Oliver