Re: Griffins of Glorantha?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...> <Nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:13:24 -0000

Bryan wrote:

> To me, the simple answer is to assume that the scholar's assembling
> Anaxial's roster and less than omniscient. Clearly they have heard
> of cunning but savage and non-sentient griffons, and they take it
> that all are like that.

I disagree. The scholar who provided Hero Wars stats for griffins made it clear in those stats that they are as intelligent as any other sentient animal, and more intelligent than some.

I agree with everything Bryan writes about the griffins in myth, but I think *all* griffins would possess some degree of intelligence and language skills, if only in archaic Firespeech, ancient Dara Happan, or whatever.

Cheers, Nick