Re: Digest Number 150

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:00:13 +0100

> From: "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...>
>Besides, initiation rituals inevitably draw opposition to them. And
>sometimes, its nastier than others -- and in this case, its an 'enemy'
>which most folks would not anticipate arriving.

I was sort of counting on that.

>"Svend? What are you doing here?
>"I'm breaking up this ritual. Its wrong.
>"No its not.
>"Yes it is.
>(things break down from there... sort of like watching/discussing a
>soccer match)

Is that an anti-Brit slur? Nevertheless, nice image.

>Yes, this is true. And getting lost is usually a death-sentence even if
>you're experienced and powerful.

I think it would be normally, but still technically a child she can be rescued by the right hero quest from Vinga (who has affinities for these things). This is made slightly easier for the players because they get to do The Arming of Vinga and cross over on her seasonal holy day.

>Weregeld would be an interesting argument at this point: Is she a child
>or an adult? Is she considered a weaponthane? Lots of interesting
>would-have/could-have arguments for Lawtalkers to argue and pick about.

Is she even dead?

Thanks,

Thom