Re: Griffins of Glorantha?

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...> <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:58:21 -0000

I'd think it would only be forbidden if Yelm (or properly authorized subordinate) had forbidden it way back in the day. After all, a lot of animals trace their origins to yelm, but that doesn't mean, for example, that two solar cities can't have a perfectly legitimate war.

Now, whether or griffons are allowed prey, or allowed only to certain people, or not allowed at all I have no idea, although I think the middle option there is most fun. And of course, even within Dara Happa there are those who don't follow all yelmic edicts. And griffons are rare and tough to hunt, so all in all I expect that they are seldom hunted, but that it happens.

--Bryan