Initiation & the Other Side

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:41:36 -0000

I like the view that Initiation takes place on the other side but (at least normally) in a reasonably controlled environment - See the "Growing Pains" scenario in Trade Talk 4 (I think it was 4...)

There should be a chance that things will go wrong (if only to provide useful material for games, and the participants may find it appears much more dangerous, but if any group has an initiation quest where the majority of participants fail it is effectively dying out (at least in the Orlanthi type sense where *all* adults are initiated into the cults)