Re: But what does it look like?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:32:24 -0800

Mikko

>Crystals: This has always been a knotty one. Some writers have described
>them as various gemstones (what about the regular sorts of the same
>gemstone?), some have in mind large new-age crystals, others tiny chips
>one can insert into ones tooth.

I actually think of them as something like amber (which I realize isn't a crystal). Probably because they're described as drops of a god's blood, and I don't expect blood to be angular and faceted.

>I've described dragonteeth/bones as a transluscient and glass like
>substance (glass sharp too, for the teeth and claws), but nearly
>indestructible.

I'd think of something more bonelike, such as fossil mammoth tusk (which can be carved into jewelry).

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html