Re: Another Uz Myth

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:29:14 +0300

"palashee <mickrowe.ygmv_at_...>" wrote:
> First, It was dark. The Uz were brave and they did play
> Then came the light and the Uz were scared and ran away
> Next blew the wind and the Uz were scared and ran away
> soon there was chaos and the Uz were scared and ran away

Nah, that's one o' them Heortling myths, 'coz we all know the uz conquered the world in the GD. ; )

The uz know the truth, as immortalized in that famous Gobbleguts marketing jingle:

Back in the Darkness all the uz were fine, then Humakti nicks death (the robbing swine!) Orlanth kills ol' Yelmy, to hell he's g'wine

   Yelm roasts the uz on his metal tine,    and ever since for Wonderhome, the uz do pine.    But uz go to Komor, and say "Dis mine." Beat up all the locals, and on them dine. Chaos invades, and the humans whine;
Uz save the world but get the credit? Nein!

   So when a human gives his standard line,    about ancient times and his gods so fine,    don't even bother for the truth to seine. For even humans have a purpose divine -- roasted with garlic and a nice red wine. New to Gobbleguts -- just �9.99!