Re: Another Uz Myth

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz.oliver_at_...> <bernuetz.oliver_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 20:31:38 -0000

David Dunham wonders about Gloranthan one minute myths. What about other obscure literary genres...

>From the Jonstown Compendium

My companions and I were approaching the troll settlement of Crabtown when we came upon a series of wooden signs placed at each major bend of the trail. I was convinced of their importance because wooden objects left unguarded usually soon fall prey to trollkin hunger. My guide seemed reluctant to tell me what they read but after some cajoling I persuaded him to translate them for me. This is what he read:

Stupid hooman
What you doin' here?
This uz land
You not welcome
So if you not passing through
You'll pass through me
Thunderbreath Gobbleguts

It was at this point that we decided to turn back.

Oliver (I'm going to go lie down now for a while...)

PS For the sake of the non-North Americans this will site will explain it http://www.nidlink.com/~dgookin/burma_shave/