Little Red Vinga Hood?

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:21:00 -0500

It seems to me that the classic fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood could easily be adapted to be one of Vinga's legends. Haven't given it a try myself, however, but given all the recent Vingan myth activity, I thought I'd throw it out for discussion.

There are many reasons why LRRH fits well into Gloranthan myth, and could be adaptable to Vinga. There's the color of Red (one of Vinga's attributes; I gues the character could be Little Red-Headed Vinga). There's the Wolf (is there any particular Vingan association with Telmor, or does Telmor just personify the threats of the wilderness in this case?). Little Red-Headed Vinga's grandmother would be either Asrelia or Kero Fin, I suppose; Asrelia would make more sense, since her being devoured by Telmor would just be symbolic of wealth being hidden away and eventually being restored when Vinga chops him open. Maybe Vinga rescues the woodsman, instead of being rescued by him.

That's all I could come up with at the moment, though I hope to be able to produce the myth soon; I'd love to see what others can come up with, too.

Guy