RE: Seven Mothers Minimyth

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:41:04 -0000

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003 8:51 PM, David P. Summers wrote:

> Is there some hard canon that says Teelo Norri become the goddess?
> Or is this just because of the tendency of peole to want things to be
> clear by trying to find a clear role for her in the seven mothers
> quest?

No, I will admit to very much having the wonderful Pelorian Rhapsody in mind when I wrote the minimyth. Nick Brooke has thoroughly corrupted my meme pool. My mental picture of what may have happened is cobbled together from various sources, past mailing list discussions, etc. and is hardly any more related to "hard" canon than my Eurmal myths are. :)

> However, I have a
> memory of, in something that talked about what the seven mothers did
> after the quest, her acting to set up orphanages etc.

I always imagined this was done by her cult/in her name, possibly while the goddess was still incarnate on Glorantha as Teelo Estara. "Teelo Norri Memorial Orphanages", if you like. Again, I think this is my imagination at work rather than anything really canonical.

Regards,

Bruce