Photos of upcoming game at GorCon

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:10:40 -0800

Hi All,

Well, I bought a digital camera a week ago, so I've been playing with my new toy....

I've uploaded some pictures of figures and terrain that will appear saturday at my Lawn Dart Wars game in Toronto.

First is a Lunar shrine. Made for about $5 total - a "Tap light" forms the dome, five wedding cake columns, and a foamcore floor. If I had more time, I'd have put medallions on it, and tarted it up a bit more (I only finished it last night).

Next - The Lance & Laser "Red Emperor" directs the defense as Sartarite terrorists are repulsed by a real "Auction Hero".

We'll be having not one, but two(!) Harrek wannabes at the game (hey, he started a trend...) - here is number one. He's a Foundry viking.

Decurion Haslu leads Glamour City Harmony Squad 17 (dedicated to keeping the peace and policing the park). That's L&L's Fazzur Wideread as Haslu, with muscle provided by Foundry Assyrians.

Harrek Wannabe the second - L&L's Harrek.

What's a Dart War without a spoiler attack? Krogar Windhelm, the notorious Orlanatus Terrorist leads a band of rebels to eradicate all players. Old and new Foundry Vikings, and a Ral Partha RQ Viking sneaks in (the axeman on the left of the picture).

Here's the Levitating Bald Chick made from a Games Workshop Mordheim figure. She leads the Goddess's Benevolent Daughters. Her followers are Foundry - the one in yellow is from their Argonauts line, the one on the right from one of their old Roman lines.

Finally, when all you have is a handful of copper, you can hire street punks armed only with cesti. Foundry Gladiators.

The last picture is the Siege of Glamour Memorial, dedicated to the Twins. The local Veterans of the Emperor's Wars (VEW Local 1265 "Don't get smart with us, sonny-boy") meets here every month just about this time...

And don't miss the Teelo Norri picnic. Lady Cassildrona shows of her...assets.

Roderick