Seeking Players -- Ann Arbor, MI

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 00 14:12:51 -0400

Serious, mature roleplayers wanted in the southeast Michigan area possessed of an interest in exploring storylines which focus on realistic social, political, and ethical issues. Sessions will be held once or twice per month on days mutually convenient to the majority of players, in or around Ann Arbor, Michigan. Interested parties are encouraged to inquire by email to the address listed below.

I prefer to work out character details with each player in a one-on-one character creation session, using roleplaying vignettes to flesh out the personality and motivations of the character. These usually take one or two evenings to complete, at the end of which both player and myself have a good idea of who the character is, as well as how the character typically behaves and why. Also, keeping a journal, written from the character's point of view, will be encouraged.

As a rule, the only boundaries I impose as gamemaster are those implicit to the storyline and the setting. I keep character creation focussed, encourage roleplaying consistent with the character's developed background and experience, and do not impinge too much upon my players' enjoyment of the game beyond that. I prefer not to rely solely on the vagaries of the die roll, and roleplaying (along with the needs of the story) tempers the majority of my gamemastering decisions.

My games of preference include but are not limited to: Aberrant, Albedo, Amber, Blue Planet, Call Of Cthulhu, FUDGE, HarnMaster 2, Heavy Gear, Hero Wars, Marvel Super Heroes, Nephilim, Pendragon, Prince Valiant, Star Wars, Tekumel, Traveller, and Trinity.

Drop me a line and we'll see if we have interests in common... :)

Michael Schwartz mschwartz_at_... Ann Arbor, MI USA