Re: Vikings!

From: NFranz197_at_...
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:50:54 EST

Oliver wrote:

> One of the highlights of my recent trip to Orlando was a visit to the
> Playmobil store in the Florida Mall. I was thrilled to see that they
> finally have a Viking line. So if anyone likes tabletop miniatures (okay
> so they're kind of big, but try swapping weapons and taking the metal
> ones off of horses) that you don't have to paint they're pretty cool.

  I can assure that, definitively. My four-year old nephew Robin has these, along with the dragonboat and the whole Viking town/pier/chieftain's hall playset. Really amazing, and one of Playmobil's most realistic-looking lines so far, alongside the Knights and Indians lines.   I love the variety of bears and accessories on the Vikings (one has a long blond beard, another has red hair and a red beard, and yet another only has long red hair, but no beard...), as well as their weapons, and the furnishings of the chieftain's hall -- featuring a little plastic campfire,
a plastic bearskin, and several seagulls to put on the rooftop.

  My nephew started getting into those toys right after seeing the "Wickie the little Viking" cartoon on television. I followed said show 24 years earlier, and it was filmed around 1974 for Swedish and German television.

Norbert