Re: Orlanthi Hair dos

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:50:03 +0000 (GMT)

Bleaching would be a good start. I believe the Celts used to use lime in their hair to make it stand up, and I would guess that that would also whiten it.

> "Perms" are a modern invention and involve, as far
> as I know, a
> chemical process. (Yet another use for trollking
> urine?)

Since the chemical process seems to involve ammonia, that seems quite likely.

Yet rennaissance and later hairdos were *very* elaborate, so it must be possible somehow with pre-modern methods. I have a few friends who may know, as they re-enact that sort of period, but I gather that what they themselves do is have short hair and a wig :(

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com