Birth of Goddess photos & Gloranthacon report

From: Svechin_at_...
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:47:47 EST

Has anyone else had trouble accessing or finding the photos of the Birth of the Goddess on Yahoo? Roderick, could you send the address again, for whatever reason Yahoo says it doesn't exist. My wife is dying to see me acting 'daft'.

Glorantha Con was an excellent event, full of info and good solid gaming. Seeing a lot of familiar and new faces made it even better.

Hats off to Mark Galeotti for an amazing LARP - Birth of the Goddess, huges amount of work and style which showed in game play. A _must_ play if anyone gets the chance. Highlights for me were Nick Brooke's betrayal of the Rinliddi rebels (to join the good guys of course), Priest of Raiba Greg Stafford "offering guidance" for the tenth test (which I miraculously passed without any difficulty at all to become Emperor) and Jakaleel organising a 'good hard shag" for my virgin character at the experienced hands of Etyries to seal a trade deal - that is a fiscally driven woman I tell you!

Also kudos to Jeff Kyer for all the work he put in, well done Jeff! Thanks for having us.

Thanks to the guys in the "other" con suite for their hospitality, introducing me to liquor that tasted like albanian anti-freeze but had an entertaining name to make up for it (although it did not take away the taste).

Finally, it was great to see ILH 1 in print, it gave me a warm glow and bodes well for things to come. Greg has a great line up and is pushing it with fervour and the heroquest manuscript kicks butt.

Martin Laurie