RE: Subject: Fledgling scenario idea

From: bryan neff <GRINNER_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 22:03:34 -0400 (EDT)

I was thinking it would be his hand. Now that it is free from its keep it is
>sucking the life from the surrounds, summoning lesser creatures and chaotic
>beasts to guard it and bring it victims for blood sacrifice (ie the rest of
>villagers), all the while it grows in power and abilities.

I feel that Gbaji/Nysalor would lack internal power. This fits with sacrifices to energize it.

Yes I was thinking that the intitial sacrifices would 'bring it back to life' then it would start draining life force from those who come in contact with it. As it drains power, it grows in strength.

I imagined that the hero's would struggle to capture it from the tomb then have to lug it around while they think of a way to to bury it again--perhaps drop it in a volcano. Meanwhile, they are weakening as hordes of chaos nasties follow them trying to get it back!

Also, I imagined that a small elite Lunar force may be a third player--they want to recover the hand to study/tap its power. I was thinking of a Coder's like group called the Seekers whow are a heroband devoted to investigating 'paranormal threats/otherworld' to the Empire.

>Now is this "do-able" in Gloranthan mythos, if not technically, with slight
>modifications. And what would it take to destroy it or contain it again?
>
>If the remains of Nysalor are too powerful, what about another dead chaos
>nastie like the Devil?

Gbaji fits better ...

There seems to be some dispute over this. Others commented they did not like that as Nysalor/Gabaji was "too subtle". I wonder if we can come to a consensus?

  1. In my mind someone must have sacrificed to it in order to allow it to manifest powers (I could be wrong). Who?
  2. There are lots of lunar heroes who want that hand! (plot twist)

Yes see above.

3) I don't think it can be destroyed. Destroy the summoner? Eat it (if you are a troll)? Summon a darkness spirit to contain/imprison? Put it somewhere really tricky to get out of (hell: c.f. the Rising Dark entry to hell, a volcano?).

Volcano or Magastas Pool or Hell Crack?

Thanks again Thom, Jeff, Mikko, etc.