RE: Re: Background books (and ILH-1 ad to the site!)

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 00:13:57 -0000

Jeff writes:

> To be honest, while Storm Tribe and Thunder Rebels are
> wonderful, they are dense and very, very hard going -
> even for the experienced Gloranthii.

But that's OK by us -- we don't have to read them, game using them, or indeed agree that they're wonderful.

The tragedy (or irony) is that we were brought into the Gloranthan gaming hobby through games and supplements utterly unlike those which we are now expected to regard as leading-edge and superior.

In this light, I see the RQification of HW via HQ as a step in the right direction... not in a "simulationist" but in a "fun-enabling" way.

Cheers, Nick

PS: I *must* write up a report on the first ever "Best of Glorantha" awards ceremony!