Initiation

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:43:50 -0000

One of the best Initiation scenarios that I know of is "Growing Pains" by Dag Olausson, Jonas Schiott and Sten Ohrman, which appeared in an earlyish Tradetalk (4?)

Of course it pre-dates HeroWars, so it is no longer canonical, and because it is the Initiation of a bunch of PC's who are going on to their great destinies, it is not even typical, but it does give some sort of clue as to how they saw Ralian Orlanthi intiation

In brief, the Intiands cross over to the Hero Plane where they find themselves facing some (typically fairly minor) problem that they have to solve in the best Orlanthi Traditions. (It's not specifically stated, but I suspect that the nature of the problem, and the solution found probably indicate the cult(s) to which the intiand will be drawn - So a problem that is solved by Violence will point to a martial cult, for instance).