Re: Digest Number 1198

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:26:36 EST

Hi All,

 Seeing as Mark Galeotti is wearing the Issaries Inc. hat today, I will wear the Unspoken Words hat and say that WE will continue to provide settings, background and scenarios to the standard that we have been doing to date. Both Mark and I are big roleplayers, and our aim is to make things playable. We have a number of projects in the pipeline (for which we can always use a helping hand on), which are background rich, but also loaded with scenarios, campaign outlines, plot hooks and keywords.

 I am now donning my Gloranthan Fan-boy gimp suit to just say ILH I think this is a wonderful piece of game material, I have actually bothered to read it and found it fun, illuminating, playable and inspiring, Glorantha needs more products like this, it got my juices flowing and in latex that can only be a good thing.

 I am now slipping into me big pants, red nose and silly wig just to say that I think based on the examples that are appearing in HQ (as I have seen) that the humour and fun of glorantha is still there and is even being pushed as essential to game play.

 Finally I shall wear my self promoting in a European Union way lederhosen and say that if you want a new campaign setting look to Heortland both within the pages of Tradetalk 12, but also in the future releases of the Unspoken Word. Also the Tentacles 2003 Con Book (possibly the finest convention in the world) is packed full of scenarios for Hero Wars and Hero Quest, from Jeff Kyers Black Oaks, to my Grazer (including map of the grazelands from the original unpublished Grazepak).

Cheers Simon Bray

The Unspoken Word - The Magazine for Gloranthans and Heroes http://www.celtic-webs.com/theunspokenword/