Runes vs. Affinities (Was: Re: Vinga's holy days)

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:57:10 -0000

> > I dunno. Combat is always linked to Death, but AFAIK far from all
deities
> > with a Combat affinity possess the Death rune...

I'd agree heartilly with that, the 'Combat' affinities are too thick on the ground. Affinities with the same name tempt people to improvise from another deity's selection, and it's often not suitable. Vingans using Death Song Berserk? I'd say Vinga should have a differently named afinity, although I can only think of 'Defend the Stead' and 'Fyrdwomen', both of which are not exactly suitable.

> Storm, Movement, Earth?

Earth Movement Storm is more descriptive of the origin myth we have so far, but I do agree Death isn't suitable.

> > Death, Movement and Earth-with-a-dot-in-the-center (which I seem
> > recall being referred to as Warm Earth someplace, though I could
be
> > imagining it).

> Me no like. I'll take the combat (silly affinity btw), to mean
storm.

Why not movement as Storm? However, I'm with you in disliking Death.

Wulf