Glorantha CCG

From: marduk <marduk_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:05:49 +0200 (EET)

Hi all,

I for one would love to see a Glorantha CCG. I'm not talking about a magic or pokemon style game, I have tried and hated them both. I like the style (the now bankrupt) Precendence had in their games.

The games "Babylon 5" and "Wheel of Time", both of which have a great story to back them up, played nicely. The games had a feeling of continuity and a sort of a story, different every game. The characters evolved while taking part in challenges or conflicts, and their outcome formed the flow and story of the game that I loved. The games had a deeper meaning than "My monster eats your monster, I won."

If someone would be able to do the same for Glorantha I would be ecstatic. I have sometimes thought about it a lot and even wrote and designed a few drafts. But the lack of skill, time (and picture material) put a halt to my personal project.

Talking (bluntly) in figures, I personally would be ready to buy at least 300$ (euros) worth of cards per released set, and I have three friends who are almost as fanatical as I am regarding Glorantha and CCGs. We play HeroWars more or less regularly, and collectible card games "on the side".

Of course, Precedence did an exellent job, it had a strong (but narrow) fanbase, but things just didn't work out for them.

Just thought you should now, that there would be a strong fanbase for a Glorantha CCG at least here in Tampere, Finland.