Re: Initiation

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:13:10 -0000

> Curiously enough, to me, Nick's post looked more like a discussion
of whether
> or not you could, in general, repent/renounce your past violence
and join the
> cult of Chalana Arroy. Followed by an assertion from yourself that
one couldn't
> any more and that this was yet another example of how HW
had 'spoiled'
> Glorantha.
>
> Yes, killing someone during your initiation rite to Chalana Arroy
would be, to
> say the least, a bad move. But that doesn't seem to have been the
point that
> Nick was making.

Possibly not, but whatever the point was meant to be, it was made as a direct reply to a post of mine (from July 2002) which was specifically about Initiation rites. I did not say you could not repent/renounce past violence, obly that was unlikely to be the normal practice to repent the violence you had just perpetrated during an Initiation so as to Initiate to Chalana Arroy. Which would be necessary if it was the norm that they had killed someone during the Initiation rites (as most Heortlings likely do when taking part in the standard 'I fought...' Initiation).

The whole point of that original post seems to have been lost, and I still don't see why it was brought up again!

Wulf