RE: Re: Settlers of Glorantha

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:40:17 GMT

>I don't know, the name Settlers of Dragon Pass might be evocative enough to
>attract people. As far as I know most of these games don't have a fantastic
>element which might add to its attractiveness.

Both Settlers and Carcassonne are good games but I don't see how a Gloranthan version could be anything but the same game with different artwork.

I did have the idea of redoing Tafl (the viking game). Call it Kallyr's Escape, as played by Sartar tribesmen on cold winters nights. Good solid rules and a way of relating the game to Glorantha. The fact that it is several centuries out of copyright is another plus.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/