Re: Digest Number 1200

From: swhitebull_at_...
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:05:00 EST

In a message dated 3/17/2003 1:13:15 PM Central Standard Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

> Message: 20
> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:48:21 -0500
> From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Playability of Glorantha
>
> Julian Lord writes:
>
> > > I don't want a list of gods I'll never use.
> >
> > I do. Who knows, maybe one of my players will surprise me with
> > his cool Durev the Householder character concept.
> >
> > One of the most interesting characters in my old RQ campaign
> > was a fisherman.
>
> The quite enjoyable four hour game run by Greg at the con (that I
> played in) seemed to be improvised and all the conflict came from
> the actions of Scott Schneider in pursuance of his worsip of his
> God. The Gods that played the most central role in the adventure
> were Minlister and Scott's God, whose name I now seem to have
> forgotten (Hermast? Helmast? Something-ast?) Not exactly figures
> central to the Orlanthi pantheon...

Thanks, Victor-

Greg is a master of improvisation- ive never played in any of his games before, so I felt very privileged to be able to sit in on it. Ive run demos and tournaments for Glorantha for years at GENCON, and have watched Greg "Hold forth" .

IN our game, I wanted to play a worshipper of Orlanth Niskis.- orlanth the lover aspect, thinking it might be fun for a farmer. Greg told me afterward that that is what Harmast was, too. Character's name was Hralf- and it was probably the MOST fun Ive had in any game Ive ever played in (not too many, since I usually gamemaster instead)

SO what makes this great is the ability to take seemingly minor aspects of Orlanth, or your other deities, and show how they too have an affect on the world about them .

Pretty cool, and it enriches our gaming experience. What i AlSO loved about our game is the integration of our "family", the affects each of our actions had upon our clan, and how decisions were made for the benefit of the clan- Sartar in a microcosm, all played out bt Greg picking up on a small "flaw" in my character.

I can still taste the HONEY!!!

scott aka swhitebull