Re: Apple Lane

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:18:07 -0000

I still like my explanation: The place is a natural holy spot to Uleria, hence the temple to her. No clan wants to claim such a place, since Uleria is not highly regarded...hence although it no doubt pays some sort of tribute, it isn't under a clan per se. Because is already outside the normal bounds of society, it has gathered a cast of those sort of people who don't care for normal clan rules. They needed some sort of law all the same, so chose a sherriff. Oh, and make the special apple fertility a feature of the Uleria sight, that at least at this temple they view them as a fruit of love.

After all, just about every society needs a release for those who don't fit in. The weirder cults cover a lot of that, but there will still be those who follow normal enough gods, but still don't deal with normal society well for whatever reason.

--Bryan