Re: Sample ready-to-play clans?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:17:41 -0800

Jane

>I wonder if it would
>be possible to down-load a clan from King of Dragon
>Pass in human-readable format, ready for HW use?

Probably not, other than taking screen shots of some of the management screens.

And you wouldn't really get enough detail on the leaders, like their families (a design feature that I thankfully dropped pretty early).

>of course KoDP
>doesn't have all the sub-cults and other
>complications, does it? Is that a function of the
>system, or of the setting being a few centuries
>earlier?

Give me some credit Jane! Even if Thunder Rebels had been out when we did KoDP, there was no way I was going to put that much individual detail into the game. It's intended to introduce Glorantha to new players!

And I'm sure there was detail enough, just giving broad-brush cults at the clan level.

As for a few centuries earlier: I think you can read between the lines and see a Vinga subcult that is no longer worshipped. Probably the same one my Dawn Age Vingan would have been a member of.

I'm sure if you were playing an individual level game (instead of a clan level game) there would be subcults even in the 1300s.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com