Re: Vinga's Runes; Big Man

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:57:43 EDT

David D:

<< Trotsky wrote

 > Death, Motion, 'Lodril'. The latter may represent warm earth or something
 > like that - or just 'protection' of course.

 I wonder if it's a typo for Vinga's rune (which is also square)? >>

    If so, its a consistent typo - the only other deity to have a protection affinity (well, self defence, but look at all the different names the 'observant' affinity (Siglat rune) is given by different cults) is Bevara, and she also uses the Lodril rune, not Vinga.

    Besides, it would be quite a typo to use the Lunar font when you meant to use the Orlanth one :-)

<<Many other deities in the book use their main rune for a specific affinity.>>

    Which probably means that Lodrili peasants are good at defending themselves.

<<> I like the sound of "BIG MAN". I will hope TR comes out with a write-up. I
> myself am not versed in mythology well enough, though I could get the
> skills and feats down for a god of strength.

My guess is that it would not >>

     Definitely not - TR only has cults for Orlanth and Ernalda! The other cults are in Storm Tribe, although I agree with David that Big Man is unlikely to be there either.

    I also note that TR manages to contradict half of what I've written about the Torkani in the space of a single sentence on the subject. Hmmm...

Trotsky