RE: Re: disappointed [MODERATOR]

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:02:16 -0000

Peter writes:

> Do you have a real name? It is considered bad form not to
> mention it. Here as in everyday life.

While this is true, it is *not* a requirement for posters to this group to formally identify themselves.

We moderators would get upset at deceptive posting -- e.g. use of multiple posting identities to avoid the group's rules (yes, this has happened), impersonation, astroturfing, etc. But *not* anonymous posting.

As far as I'm concerned, "anonymous" posters are fine if they use their email address, yahoo!ID, nickname or whatever *consistently* and without intent to deceive.

Cheers, Nick